Parent & Child Group COVID-19 Safety Guidelines – 13th September 2021
Covid-19 has been recognised as a pandemic by the World Health Organisation. Holdfast Beach School places the health and safety of their staff, volunteers and participants above all else. We will ensure that all necessary measures and procedures are put in place to minimise the spread of COVID-19.
Holdfast Beach School are doing everything that we can to provide a safe environment in relation to COVID-19. However, it is important to recognise that this stage of re-opening, there is a degree of risk. But with our activities taking place outside there is fresh air available, more space to distance and less contact with shared surfaces which can transmit the virus.
These safety guidelines are for all parents and carers to read prior to attending any groups during this time.
Please read this document carefully. By confirming your place at Beach School, you are agreeing to its contents.
Our full Covid-19 Risk Benefit Assessment sets out how we will minimise the risk and spread of the virus during our groups is available to read upon request.
If you or anyone in your household have any Covid-19 Symptoms
- Parents/carers will be expected to assess their child’s physical health, as well as their own, related to Covid-19. If they, or anyone in their household, are displaying any of the symptoms of Covid-19 then they must not attend the session. They are advised to take a test and follow the relevant government guidance.
- Please do not give children Calpol to suppress any high temperatures in order to bring them to Beach School.
- All children and adults are asked to wash their hands in arrival at St Margarets Bay. There will be a hand washing station at the Endeavour Centre and there are also facilities available in the public toilets.
- Alcohol hand gel will also be available at the Endeavour Centre. Please bring your own if you wish to take some down to the Beach.
- All participants are encouraged to socially distance (ideally 2m, but 1m plus at a minimum) from other families during their play. However, due to the nature of children’s understanding and play, this may not always be possible to achieve, so please help us by following best practice hygiene policies throughout the session.
Using the Endeavour Centre
- Both doors of the Endeavour Centre will be kept open during the session to allow for ventilation
- Adults are advised to use a face covering* when inside the Endeavour Centre. You will need to provide your own face covering. *Unless you are face-covering-exempt.
- Hand sanitiser will be available in the Endeavour Centre.
Food and drink
- You must bring all of the food and drink that your family will require. Unfortunately, there will be no food or drink given out by Holdfast Beach School at this time.
- Resources will be all cleaned thoroughly prior to each session.
- All participants are advised to wash and/or sanitise their hands before and after using any shared resources.
- We are no longer able to provide any large towels or blankets. If you need them, please bring your own and retain them for your family’s use only.
- If you or your child requires medical assistance during a session, we will provide this assistance. The First Aider will wear a disposable face mask and gloves to administer any first aid.
What happens if someone becomes unwell with either a temperature or a cough during a session?
- They will be asked to go home immediately and they must request a test for COVID-19. Tests can be arranged by calling 111.
These guidelines will be regularly updated following any changes in UK Government Guidance.
Our full Covid-19 Risk Benefit Assessment sets out how we will minimise the risk and spread of the virus during our groups is available to read here: